Use one packet of Expel-F per 10 gallons (38 L) in a small container or glass, mix, and add to a high flow area in sump. Powder will dissolve in system over time. Treatment only requires one dose of medication. Treatment period is 14 days.
If necessary, you may perform a second course of treatment. If no further symptoms are observed, replace chemical filtration and resume use of protein skimmers as well as normal feeding. Adjust temperature back to normal.
- For best results, use Expel-F in a quarantine tank
- Remove activated carbon and ion-exchange resins during treatment. Discontinue use of skimmer during treatment for the first three days of treatment
- Do not perform water changes during treatment if possible
- Can be used full strength with scaleless fish
- If fish are eating, feed lightly during treatment
- No contraindications: can be used with all of our other products and meds
- Safe for invertebrates including: corals, snails, shrimp, clams, other crustaceans and molluscs
- Overdosed? remove medication with MaxOut Pro, or similar carbon-based media
PLEASE NOTE: Expel-F will affect desirable macroalgaes, and may cause some corals to retract temporarily. Use with caution in systems containing these species. It will not affect hair or turf algaes. Bryopsis algae is signficantly affected by Expel-F.
Active ingredient: Fluconazole